All Purpose Flour – 1 and 1/4 cups
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Light Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Corn Syrup – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1 stick
Pistachios – 1 cup, chopped
Rosewater – 1 tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. 2. Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour with the salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Boil for 30 seconds.
7. Remove from the heat and stir into the flour mixture together with the chopped pistachios and rosewater. The batter will not be stiff like regular cookie dough. It will have the consistency of idli/dosa batter, so don’t worry.8. Drop the batter using a 1/2 tablespoon, 3 inches apart onto the baking sheets.
9. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
10. Allow to cool on the baking sheets.
Carefully remove the cookies from the baking sheets and store in an airtight container for upto 5 days.
1. As per the original recipe a tablespoonful of dough should be dropped on a baking sheet. I did it and the cookies spread very much touching each other. Either reduce it to half a tablespoon of batter or give enough space between each cookie.
2. When I lifted the cookies from the baking sheet I noticed that the bottoms were very greasy due to the butter. So I had to give each and every cookie a nice dab with kitchen towels. So reserve these cookies for some special/fancy occassion. Do not indulge!