Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gluten-free coconut cake with egg whites

Well as you might have guessed, due to my recent icecream experiments I was left with a great amount of egg whites. I was looking for a way to cook them when an old experiment with sweet condensed milk and coconut popped in my mind. At a birthday party of mine some years ago, I had come up with an interesting coconut recipe and I thought that this is the time to recreate it at last, because they had turn up quite tasty. And I'm saying 'they' because I had made it in the form of cupcakes.

Here you are:


You will only need 3 ingredients for this amazing gluten free cake:

200 gr of desiccated coconut

a can of sweet condensed milk

6 egg whites

Beat the egg whites until stiff in a clean bowl and fold the coconut and the sweet condensed milk in.

Pour the mixture in a loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven in medium heat until dark golden brown, as shown in the picture.
If you bake it less it may not be done inside.

Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments :